Friday, March 22, 2013

Dongguan Social Welfare Institute

Jenna's home for 18 months. I am so thankful for our visit today.  I'm not really ready to crank out a blog post that summarizes our visit - not really sure how to do that, but I do feel Jenna was blessed with caretakers who love her.  We were blessed today to be able to witness that love.

This morning getting ready to leave the hotel.

The path to the building where Jenna lived.

Excited to see each other. The caretaker was so happy Jenna had not eaten lunch yet and promptly fed her.



The room where Jenna lived.

These ladies were her primary caretakers and clearly love her.

Jenna's empty bed is by the doorway.

The orphanage staff was kind and loving and seemed very happy that Jenna was with us. They claimed that she is a "perfect baby" :~).  Our family agrees.

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get to see how well she was taken care of and to have images of her first home before her "forever home" to share with her some day. What a blessing that she was treasured by the staff there, too. Glad she's making a sweet transition from their arms to yours. Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the updates. I've been sharing photos with family and friends. Everyone is so excited for your family! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I would like contact with you! My son is in one of your picks! Montse, from Barcelona (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Montse, I would love for you to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Email: emily.duryea@warren.kyschools.us

    ReplyDelete